Established in 2020 by the estate of Adolf Duesterhus, the Adolf Duesterhus STEM Scholarship Fund was established to:
Support Yellowknife residents pursuing post-secondary studies in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM).
Prerequisites Applications for the scholarship are open to individuals who are a resident of Yellowknife for a minimum of two years. To be eligible, an individual must be registered to attend an accredited post-secondary institution and planning on returning to the North after studies are complete.
Applications The deadline for applications is May 15 of each year. Applications must include a written essay of a maximum of 500 words on:
- The benefit they and the community they live in will obtain from the scholarship,
- Their community involvement and contribution,
- Willingness to be involved in promotional activities related to the scholarship,
- How the scholarship will assist them in achieving their STEM based goals.
Applications must also include:
- Written confirmation of acceptance in a STEM program at an accredited post-secondary institution,
- Information on the field of study being undertaken,
- One letter of reference from a teacher, STEM professional or community leader,
- A Proof of Residency (PDF 65kb) form must be submitted along with the application.