Applications open 1 March 2019 at 12:01am. Applications close on 15 May 2019 at 11.59pm. Applications submitted before this date may not be received.
Created in 2014 by the Legislative Assembly of the Northwest Territories, this scholarship was established to assist individuals pursuing studies in political science or a related field.
Applicants for the Northwest Territories Legislative Assembly Scholarship must:
- Have resided in the Northwest Territories (NWT) for at least ten years;
- Be entering their first or subsequent years of studies in a recognized post-secondary program in political science or a related field.
Factors taken into consideration in reviewing grant applications from individuals include:
- Academic achievement;
- Community involvement, volunteering and other activities; and
- A written statement.
The deadline for applications is May 15 of each year. Applications must include a written essay (maximum 500 words) on:
- The benefit they will obtain from the scholarship,
- Community involvement, volunteering and other activities,
The recipient must provide proof of acceptance or conditional acceptance or proof of enrolment for that year in a recognized post secondary institution. A Proof of Residency (PDF 65kb) form must be submitted along with the application.
|2015||Karalyn Menicoche, Kathleen O’Brien|
|2014||Tunchai Redvers, Trisa Ngo|