Created in 2014 by the Legislative Assembly of the Northwest Territories, this scholarship was established to assist individuals pursuing studies in political science or a related field.
Applicants for the Northwest Territories Legislative Assembly Scholarship must:
- Have resided in the NWT for at least ten years;
- Be entering their first or subsequent years of studies in a recognized post-secondary program in political science or a related field.
Factors taken into consideration in reviewing grant applications from individuals include:
- Academic achievement;
- Community involvement, volunteering and other activities; and
- A written statement.
The deadline for applications is May 15 of each year. Applications must include a written essay (maximum 200 words) on:
- The benefit they will obtain from the scholarship,
- Community involvement, volunteering and other activities,
The recipient must provide proof of acceptance or conditional acceptance or proof of enrolment for that year in a recognized post secondary institution. The residency requirement may be confirmed by government issued identification, through a letter of reference from a Mayor, Chief or other official acceptable to the Yellowknife Community Foundation.Donate Now
Applications open 1 March 2019.
|2015||Karalyn Menicoche, Kathleen O'Brien|
|2014||Tunchai Redvers, Trisa Ngo|