Established in memory of Elliot Michael Brown.
The Elliot Michael Brown Fund was established to assist Northwest Territories residents between the ages of 18 and 35 who are looking to expand their business/entrepreneurial goals either through education/training or hands-on ‘kick-starter’/ business start-up support.
Applicants must be:
- Residents of the NWT between the ages of 18 and 35 years.
In addition to the application criteria below, the review committee will consider:
- How the applicant has demonstrated resilience in facing life’s challenges,
- An indication of willingness to be involved in promotional activities in relation to this grant.
The deadline for applications is May 15 of each year. Applicants must submit a verbal overview submitted as a video with the on-line application, or provided in-person to the selection committee, OR a written statement (200 words max) outlining:
- What your business idea/goal is,
- How you want to work towards this,
- How this funding support will help you get there.
Applications must also include:
- Proof of Residency* and age.
Applicants are eligible to re-apply for grants in successive years; however previous receipt does not guarantee future awards.
*The residency requirement may be confirmed through a letter of reference from the Mayor or Chief, any member of City or Band Council or other official acceptable to the Yellowknife Community Foundation.