Applications open 1 March 2019 at 12:01am. Applications close on 15 May 2019 at 11.59pm. Applications submitted before this date may not be received.
Established in memory of David Sutherland.
The David Sutherland Memorial Fund was established to support the activities and development of young cross country skiers in the NWT.
Individuals must be members of an NWT cross country ski organization recognized by Sport North Federation and must be an NWT resident for at least two years. Organizations must be NWT cross country ski organizations as recognized by Sport North Federation.
The criteria to be used in assessing applications for an award shall include:
- Demonstrated traits such as sportsmanship, enthusiasm, friendliness, spirit, determination and perseverance.
- Willingness to give back to the sport.
Applications must be received by May 15 each year. The application must include a statement in at least 500 words on:
- Why they are applying for the grant;
- What cross country skiing activities they have been involved in, for example:
- For an individual, their involvement in cross country skiing programs as a participant or coach, coach assistant or Jackrabbit leader; or
- For an organization, their involvement in the delivery of a cross country skiing program.
- How the grant will contribute to them achieving their goals or a plan for how the funds will be used.
If an indvidual, applicants must include a letter of reference from a recognized sport organization or another source acceptable to the Yellowknife Community Foundation attesting to the applicant’s involvement in the above listed activities, the exhibition of the above listed qualities. A Proof of Residency (PDF 65kb) form must be submitted along with the application.
|2015||YK Ski Club|
|2011||Yellowknife Ski Club (Athlete Support Program)|