Yellowknife Community Foundation
Doug Bothamley Memorial Fund
The Doug Bothamley Memorial Fund was established in memory of Doug’s many volunteer activities and contributions to the NWT sporting community and various other non-profit organizations in Yellowknife.
The Fund is available to assist Yellowknife residents who are attending a post-secondary institution on a full-time basis and who are active in softball, curling or golf either as a player, a coach or an official.
Applicants must be:
- Residents of Yellowknife, NWT (minimum of one year).
- Pursuing a post-secondary education on a full-time basis
- Be an active player, coach or official in either softball, curling or golf
The review committee will only consider applications that contain all the necessary documentation meeting the criteria outlined below.
The deadline for applications is May 15 of each year.
Applicants must submit a personal essay (200 words max) outlining:
- Why they are applying for the scholarship,
- What portion of education costs will the funds be used for,
- How long they have been active in the sport/sports identified in the prerequisites,
- Willingness to be involved in promotional activities in relation to this scholarship.
Applications must also include:
- A Proof of Residency (PDF 176kb) form must be submitted along with the application.
- Confirmation of acceptance in a post-secondary institution,
- Letter of reference from a coach or league or association organization representative attesting to the applicant’s required sports participation.
Applicants are eligible to re-apply for grants in successive years; however previous receipt does not guarantee future awards.
- 2020 Max Dragon and David Phypers
- 2019 Devin Case
- 2018 Devin Case