Yellowknife Community Foundation
Fine & Performing Arts Scholarship
The Fine and Performing Arts Fund was established to support Northwest Territories’ residents interested in pursuing education or training opportunities in the fine or performing arts.
To be eligible, applicants must be pursuing artistic excellence in one or more of the following areas: drama, dance, music, and theatre arts including technical production, studio arts, film or photography. They also must have resided in the Northwest Territories (NWT) for a minimum of one year prior to the award of the scholarship and have been accepted at a recognized program or course in the fine or performing arts, consisting of a minimum of 100 hours duration.
Factors taken into consideration in reviewing grant applications include demonstrated merit and dedication. A preference will be given to developing artists and applicants who have demonstrated a willingness to share their talent with the community.
Applications must be received by May 15 each year.
The application must include a written statement (maximum of 500 words) including information on the above noted prerequisites and contact information. It must also include a letter of reference from a recognized NWT Fine or Performing Arts organization or another source acceptable to the Yellowknife Community Foundation.
A Proof of Residency (PDF 176kb) form must be submitted along with the application.
Note: Applicants wishing to provide a YouTube or similar link to their work are asked to do so in the body of their written essay.
- 2020 Kacie Hall and Rankin Stewart
- 2019 Carson Asmundson & Juliane Debogorski
- 2018 Kacie Hall & Colleen Nagel
- 2017 Courtney Chetwynd & Alisha Breton
- 2016 Chloé Duval, Katy Harmer & Dylan Maguire
- 2015 Lucas Othmer & Cassi Atamanenko
- 2014 Jessica Lynn Phillips
- 2013 Casey Anderson & Carmen Braden
- 2012 AJ Collins
- 2011 Amelie Duval, Antoine Mountain & Dana Sipos Randor
- 2010 Joe Jaw Ashoona, Ian MacDougall, Hailey McLeod & Roya Yazdanmehr
- 2009 Roya Yazdanmehr & Joanna Matthews
- 2008 Antoine Mountain
- 2007 Leanne Goose
- 2006 Tiffany Ayalik
- 2005 No award
- 2004 Kirsten Carthew
- 2003 Renee Pitre
- 2002 Sarah Kallos, Amanda Dei & April Parchoma
- 2001 Sacha Engelhardt
- 2000 Doug Richard & Rene Bonnett