Established in memory of Lena Gosselin in 2019.
The Lena Gosselin Memorial Fund was established to support individuals seeking training in the area of executive office administration and management with a continued interest to work within the Northwest Territories.
Eligibility / Prerequisites
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- Be an Northwest Territories (NWT) resident (minimum of two years);
- Must be enrolled in an office administration/executive assistant program in the Northwest Territories or be currently in an administrative role;
- Must submit a personal essay: tell us who you are, personal accomplishments, indicate why such a program is of interest, motivation for entering the field, and career aspirations/interests/goals related to the Northwest Territories.
Applicants are eligible to re-apply for grants in successive years; however previous receipt does not guarantee future awards.
Selection Criteria / Review
Applicants will be assessed on the following criteria:
- The eligibility requirements noted above
- Enrolment in an office administration/executive assistant program in the NWT or in a current administrative assistant role.
- A written statement (500 words max) outlining:
- The benefit they will obtain from the grant / scholarship,
- Willingness to be involved in promotional activities in relation to this grant
- Career aspirations for the future as related to office administration/management.
Applicants must include the following documentation with their completed application:
- Educational progress, copy of enrollment registration
- Name of current employer and supervisor with contact information
A Proof of Residency (PDF 65kb) form must be submitted along with the application.
- Such other materials as the YCF may require.
Applications must be received by May 15 each year.