Applications open 1 March 2019 at 12:01am. Applications close on 15 May 2019 at 11.59pm. Applications submitted before this date may not be received.
Established in memory of Pat McMahon.
The Pat McMahon Memorial Fund was established to assist female individuals that demonstrate community leadership in Yellowknife municipal affairs and civic pride in training or educational pursuits that support their goals.
Applications for the Pat McMahon Memorial Fund are open to female individuals resident in the City of Yellowknife, Northwest Territories for at least three years and who are pursuing a training or educational activity that supports their goals.
Factors taken into consideration in reviewing grant applications from individuals include:
- Priority in the awarding of grants will be given to female individuals demonstrating community leadership in Yellowknife municipal affairs and civic pride.
- Grants may also be awarded to female individuals involved in demonstrating uniqueness in promoting Yellowknife or one who is pursuing studies in Tourism, Public Administration and/or Political Science.
The deadline for applications is May 15 of each year. The application must include a written essay of at least 500 words on:
- Why they are applying for the grant/scholarship,
- The individuals involvement or interest in municipal affairs, civic pride or promotional activities for Yellowknife, and
- How the grant/scholarship will assist, or further the individual’s career or academic goals,
- A Proof of Residency (PDF 65kb) form must be submitted along with the application.
- Proof of acceptance into a program.