David J. Ramsden Memorial Scholarship Fund
About the David J. Ramsden Memorial Scholarship Fund
Established in 2011, the purpose of the David J. Ramsden Memorial Scholarship Fund is to support residents of the Northwest Territories entering their first or subsequent years of graduate studies (Masters, Ph.D.) at the University level.
A priority will be given to mature students.
Individuals interested in applying must create a profile on our scholarship application portal. Once your profile is created, you will need to complete our eligibility quiz and then submit a scholarship application to the David J. Ramsden Memorial Scholarship Fund.
2023 key dates
1 April, 12.01am
Scholarship application portal opens.
15 May, 11.59pm
Scholarship application portal closes. Late applications not accepted.
Mid- to late July
Funding distributed to scholarship recipients.
Please find the application process below, including some frequently asked questions.
The David J. Ramsden Memorial Scholarship Fund was established in 2011 in memory of David J. Ramsden.
In order to be eligible to apply for the David J. Ramsden Memorial Fund, you must be:
- A resident of the Northwest Territories for at least the last 24 consecutive months (2 years). First priority will be given to applicants who have lived in the Northwest Territories for the last 5 consecutive years.
- Entering their first or subsequent years of graduate studies at the University level. A priority will be given to mature students (a mature student is an adult learner pursuing post secondary studies. Typically, mature students are over the age of 25 and going back to school to start or finish a degree, diploma or program of study).
All of our scholarship application forms and additional materials need to be submitted on our scholarship application portal.
For students that are applying to the David J. Ramsden Memorial Scholarship Fund, here are some things that you will be including in your application:
- A personal essay describing your academic achievement
- A personal essay describing your community involvement, and participation in high performance sport (if applicable)
- A statement of financial need
- A letter of reference describing your academic achievement
Please keep in mind that all applications to YKCF scholarships require the applicant to submit a proof of residency affidavit (which you will be able to find when you create an account on our application portal), and a confirmation of acceptance (or a letter of admission) to a post-secondary institution.
You can apply through our scholarship application portal!
Please note you will need to create an account, and complete our eligibility quiz to see which Fund you are eligible to apply.
If you have more questions, check back to our FAQs on our scholarship page!
- 2022 Rachel Cluderay
- 2021 Megan Vu
- 2020 Julianna Neudorf and Victoria Rankin
- 2019 Gillian McNaughton
- 2018 Paulina Brooks
- 2017 Denise Bailey
- 2016 Denise Bailey
- 2015 John Mutford
- 2014 Jennifer Redvers
- 2013 Hawa Dumbuya
- 2012 Margaret Lovely
For more information
If you require assistance or have questions about the David J. Ramsen Memorial Scholarship Fund, please do hesitate to contact the Yellowknife Community Foundation office at email@example.com or by phone at +1-867 446 4527.