Yellowknife Community Foundation
David J. Ramsden Memorial Scholarship
Established in memory of David J. Ramsden.
The David J. Ramsden Memorial Fund was established to assist Northwest Territories residents who are entering their first or subsequent years of graduate studies (Masters, Ph.D.) at the University level.
Applicants must be:
- A resident of the Northwest Territories for at least two years. First priority will be given to applicants who have lived in the Northwest Territories for at least five (5) years.
- Entering their first or subsequent years of graduate studies at the University level.
While academic standing is important, other merits such as community involvement, participation in high performance sport, and economic need are also considered.
Preference will be given to mature students who are pursuing their graduate studies.
The application must include a written essay addressing, in addition to academics, other merits such as community involvement, participation in high performance sport, and economic need.
Applications must also include:
- A Proof of Residency form and
- A letter of acceptance from a recognized University
- 2021 Megan Vu
- 2020 Julianna Neudorf and Victoria Rankin
- 2019 Gilian McNaughton
- 2018 Paulina Brooks
- 2017 Denise Bailey
- 2016 Denise Bailey
- 2015 John Mutford
- 2014 Jennifer Redvers
- 2013 Hawa Dumbaya
- 2012 Margaret Lovely