Yellowknife Community Foundation
The George Cleary Memorial Scholarship Fund was created by the Cleary family. The scholarship is intended to encourage Indigenous residents and Sahtu beneficiaries of the Northwest Territories to pursue a post-secondary or trades educations, giving them the opportunity to help their communities grow and prosper.
Applicants must be:
- Sahtu beneficiaries of the Northwest Territories.
- Pursuing a post-secondary or trades education.
The review committee will only consider applications that contain all the necessary documentation meeting the criteria outlined below.
Deadline for applications is May 15th of every year.
Applicants must submit a personal essay outlining:
- Why they are applying for the scholarship,
- What portion of education costs will the funds be used for,
- Willingness to be involved in promotional activities in relation to this scholarship.
Applications must also include:
- A Proof of Residency form must be submitted along with the application.
- Confirmation of acceptance in a post-secondary institution.
Applicants are eligible to re-apply for grants in successive years; however previous receipt does not guarantee future awards.