Established by Dustin Milligan to assist École Sir John Franklin High School graduating students pursuing post-secondary studies in the performing arts, film, music or writing.
To be eligible, individuals must be grade 12 students at École Sir John Franklin High School who have been accepted into a post-secondary program for the performing arts, film, music or writing for the following school year.
Preference will be given to applicants that demonstrate a strong work ethic, talent in their chosen field and a passion for drama, film or writing-related studies and activities both in school and in the community.
- A completed application form including a digital photo of the applicant in a performance or related setting and a release form for the photo. Click here to download a copy of the release.
- A 500 word statement which includes: Why they are applying for the scholarship. What performing arts, film, music or writing studies activities they have been involved in; what their role in any such activity was; and how the scholarship will contribute to them achieving their goals.
- A portfolio highlighting the performing arts, film, music or writing work that they have done both in school and the community, including supporting materials such as photos, assignments and or a DVD of their work.
- A letter of reference attesting to the applicant's involvement in the activities described in the application.
- Proof of acceptance into a post secondary program established in the prerequisites for this scholarship.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you apply on-line please provide a YouTube or similar link to a digital copy of your work in the body of their written essay. The photo and photo release form should be email separately to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Return of Materials
With the exception of the application form, 500 word statement and digital photos, all supporting materials will be returned to the applicant once they have been reviewed.
The award will be announced in conjunction with an École Sir John Franklin High School awards event. The Enough Talk, Hurry Up and Do It Already Arts Scholarship will only be awarded if a suitable application is received.Donate Now
|2010||Hailey McLeod and Jeromy Deleff|