Established in memory of John Tumchewics
The John Tumchewics Memorial Fund was established to assist individuals with helicopter flight training, upgrading by endorsements or ratings and the purchase of safety equipment. Aircraft maintenance engineers working toward a helicopter endorsement may also apply. Scholarship funds may also be used for other individuals seeking training in the aviation field.
Applicants must be residents of the Northwest Territories and / or students or graduates of the Canadore College helicopter flight training program.
Factors taken into consideration in reviewing applications include:
- Preference will be given to students or graduates of Canadore College,
- The applicant's description of how a scholarship will assist them with their career goals.
The deadline for applications is May 15 of each year. The application must include a resume which includes a written essay of at least 500 words on:
- How the funds will be used,
- Career goals within the aviation industry.
Applications must also include:
- Proof of Residency* and / or,
- Proof of enrolment at or graduation from Canadore College,
- If registered in another recognized program, proof of acceptance,
- If the scholarship request is for equipment purchase, a quote from a recognized supplier,
- Two letters of reference in support of the application.
Applicants may also be asked to participate in an interview.
*The residency requirement may be confirmed through a letter of reference from the Mayor or Chief, any member of City or Band Council or other official acceptable to the Yellowknife Community Foundation.Donate Now