Established in memory of Pat McMahon
The Pat McMahon Memorial Fund was established to assist female individuals that demonstrate community leadership in Yellowknife municipal affairs and civic pride in training or educational pursuits that support their goals.
Applications for the Pat McMahon Memorial Scholarship are open to female individuals resident in the City of Yellowknife, Northwest Territories for at least three years and who are pursuing a training or educational activity that supports their goals.
Factors taken into consideration in reviewing grant applications from individuals include:
- Priority in the awarding of grants will be given to female individuals demonstrating community leadership in Yellowknife municipal affairs and civic pride.
- Grants may also be awarded to female individuals involved in demonstrating uniqueness in promoting Yellowknife or one who is pursuing studies in Tourism, Public Administration and/or Political Science.
The deadline for applications is May 15 of each year. The application must include a written essay of at least 500 words on:
- Why they are applying for the scholarship,
- The individuals involvement or interest in municipal affairs, civic pride or promotional activities for Yellowknife, and
- How the scholarship will assist, or further the individual’s career or academic goals,
- Proof of Residency.
- Proof of acceptance into a program.
Applications must also include at least one letter of reference in support of their application. The residency requirement may be confirmed through a letter of reference from the Mayor, any member of City Council or other official acceptable to the Yellowknife Community Foundation.Donate Now
Applications open 1 March 2019.