Grants available in 2020:
This fund is established to provide support for female candidates for political office. Candidates may be involved in an election for Municipal, Band, Regional, Territorial or Federal representatives.
Grants from the Get Her Elected Fund may only be awarded to non-partisan organizations working to promote and establish greater representation of women in political leadership.
Grants may be used to support or provide workshops, training, networking, mentoring, or similar types of activities related to political candidates and elections.
There will be a call for applications to the Fund on an annual basis. Recipients are eligible to re-apply for grants in successive years.
To be eligible, applicants:
- Must be a non-partisan organization operating in and resident in the NWT.
- Must be working to attract, support and develop female candidates for political office in the NWT at the Band Council, Municipal Council, Regional Government, Territorial Government or Federal Parliament.
- The YCF will screen all applicants and create a short list of those eligible to receive the grant.
- The YCF Selection Committee will then review the short-listed applications and select one or more successful applicants.
Applicants will be assessed on the following criteria:
- A written statement (200 words max) outlining:
- Why they are applying for the grant
- How the funds will be used
- The benefit the community will obtain from the grant,
- Community involvement and contribution to the project,
- Willingness to be involved in YCF promotional activities in relation to this grant
- A budget outlining funding sources and anticipated expenditures
Applicants must include the following documentation with their application:
- Proof of residency in NWT
- Such other materials as the YCF may require.
Recipients are eligible to re-apply for grants in successive years; however previous receipt does not guarantee future awards.