Yellowknife Community Foundation
Alice & Randy Daniels Music Fund
Established by the Daniels family in honour of their mother Alice Daniels of Fort Smith and their brother Randy Daniels also of Fort Smith.
The Alice and Randy Daniels Music Fund was established to support residents of the Northwest Territories (NWT) who are developing their skills in music as performers, song writers or producers.
Applicants must be:
- Residents of the NWT for the immediate past 5 years.
In addition to the application criteria below, the review committee will consider:
- Relevance of the applicant’s studies to music,
- History of family involvement in music as performers, song writers, production or volunteerism.
Applicants must submit a written statement outlining:
- Why they are applying for the scholarship
- How the grant or scholarship will enable the applicant to develop their music skills through their studies with a private instructor/mentor or through a postsecondary music program
- Community involvement and contribution in music activities/events
Applications must also include:
- A Proof of Residency stating you have lived in the Northwest Territories for the immediate past 5 years
- Proof of full time status in a music program at an approved postsecondary institution
- Two letters of reference attesting to their involvement in supporting music activities/events in their community
Applicants are eligible to re-apply for grants in successive years; however previous receipt does not guarantee future awards and recipients shall not receive the award more than two times.
- 2020 Grace Clark and Diana Rockwell
- 2019 Diana Rockwell
- 2018 Grace Clark