Fine & Performing Arts Scholarship Fund
About the Fine & Performing Arts Scholarship Fund
Established in 1999, the purpose of the Fine & Performing Arts Scholarship Fund is to support residents of the Northwest Territories who are pursuing education and training opportunities in the fine or performing arts.
Applicants must be pursuing artistic training in one or more of the following areas: drama, dance, music, and theatre arts including technical production, studio arts, film or photography. The program or course in the fine and performing arts must be a minimum of 100 hours in duration.
A priority will be given to developing artists.
Individuals interested in applying must create a profile on our scholarship application portal. Once your profile is created, you will need to complete our eligibility quiz and then submit a scholarship application to the Fine & Performing Arts Fund.
2023 key dates
1 April, 12.01am
Scholarship application portal opens.
15 May, 11.59pm
Scholarship application portal closes. Late applications not accepted.
Mid- to late July
Funding distributed to scholarship recipients.
Please find the application process below, including some frequently asked questions.
The Fine & Performing Arts Fund was established in 1999.
In order to be eligible to apply for the Fine & Performing Arts Fund, you must be:
- A resident of the Northwest Territories for at least 12 consecutive months
- Pursuing education or training in one or more of the following areas: drama, dance, music, and theatre arts including technical production, studio arts, film or photography
All of our scholarship application forms and additional materials need to be submitted on our scholarship application portal.
For students that are applying to the Fine and Performing Arts Fund, here are some things that you will be including in your application:
- A personal essay describing your goals related to your field in Fine and Performing Arts, and your community involvement and willingness to share your artistic endeavours with your community
- One letter of reference related to your performance or activities related to your field in Fine or Performing Arts
Please keep in mind that all applications to YKCF scholarships require the applicant to submit a proof of residency affidavit (which you will be able to find when you create an account on our application portal), and a confirmation of acceptance (or a letter of admission) to a post-secondary institution.
You can apply through our scholarship application portal!
Please note you will need to create an account, and complete our eligibility quiz to see which Fund you are eligible to apply.
If you have more questions, check back to our FAQs on our scholarship page!
- 2022 Diana Rockwell & Anonymous
- 2021 Sarah Buth, Kacie Hall & Raven Mutford
- 2020 Kacie Hall and Rankin Stewart
- 2019 Carson Asmundson & Juliane Debogorski
- 2018 Kacie Hall & Colleen Nagel
- 2017 Courtney Chetwynd & Alisha Breton
- 2016 Chloé Duval, Katy Harmer & Dylan Maguire
- 2015 Lucas Othmer & Cassi Atamanenko
- 2014 Jessica Lynn Phillips
- 2013 Casey Anderson & Carmen Braden
- 2012 AJ Collins
- 2011 Amelie Duval, Antoine Mountain & Dana Sipos Randor
- 2010 Joe Jaw Ashoona, Ian MacDougall, Hailey McLeod & Roya Yazdanmehr
- 2009 Roya Yazdanmehr & Joanna Matthews
- 2008 Antoine Mountain
- 2007 Leanna Goose
- 2006 Tiffany Ayalik
- 2005 No award
- 2004 Kirsten Carthew
- 2003 Renee Pitre
- 2002 Sarah Kallos, Amanda Dei & April Parchoma
- 2001 Sacha Engelhardt
- 200 Doug Richard & Rene Bonnett
For more information
If you require assistance or have questions about the Fine & Performing Arts Fund, please do hesitate to contact the Yellowknife Community Foundation office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +1-867 446 4527.
Yellowknife Community Foundation
Our newsletter shares highlights from our community involvement, ways you can get involved with the Foundation and when our grants and scholarships are open for application. Subscribe today (don’t worry, we won’t share your email with anyone and you can remove yourself at any time)!