Adolf Duesterhus STEM Scholarship
About the Adolf Duesterhus STEM Scholarship
Established in 2020, the purpose of the Adolf Duesterhus STEM Scholarship is to support residents of the Northwest Territories pursuing post-secondary studies in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM).
Individuals interested in applying must create a profile on our scholarship application portal. Once your profile is created, you will need to complete our eligibility quiz and then submit a scholarship application to the Adolf Duesterhus STEM Scholarship.
2024 key dates
2 April, 12.01am
Scholarship application portal opens.
31 May, 11.59pm
Scholarship application portal closes.
Mid- to late July
Funding distributed to scholarship recipients.
Please find the application process below, including some frequently asked questions.
Established in 2020 by the estate of Adolf Duesterhus, the Adolf Duesterhus STEM Scholarship Fund was established to support Yellowknife residents pursuing post-secondary studies in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM).
Please note that award amounts vary year by year.
In order to be eligible to apply for the Adolf Duesterhus STEM Scholarship Fund, you must be:
- A resident of the Yellowknife for at least 24 consecutive months prior to applying
- Pursuing post-secondary studies focused Science, Technology, Engineering or Math
All of our scholarship application forms and additional materials need to be submitted on our scholarship application portal.
- You will complete a questionnaire describing how the funding will assist you in achieving your goals, how you have demonstrated your community involvement and what contributions you have made to your community, and how the scholarship will benefit you, your community and/or the North.
- You will complete a questionnaire describing your academic achievement.
- You will provide the email address of a reference to support your application. Your reference can be a teacher, guidance counsellor or somebody that can speak about your academic achievement. We will email your reference a recommendation form to fill out.
You must be an eligible resident to apply for a scholarship.
As such, YKCF requires you to make a residency declaration and have a witness sign off.
However, you do not need to print out any forms!
Each residency declaration is a one-click question embedded within the application process.
You just need to provide the email address of your residency witness, and they will be emailed directly.
A direct family member cannot be a witness.
You can apply through our scholarship application portal!
Please note you will need to create an account, and complete our eligibility quiz to see which Fund you are eligible to apply.
If you have more questions, check back to our FAQs on our scholarship page!
- 2023 Niav Cudmore-Lnagh, Hillary Huynh, Giselle Penney
- 2022 Aimee Yurris
- 2021 Bethany Giovanetto
- 2020 Seamus Daly
For more information
If you require assistance or have questions about the Adolf Duesterhus STEM Scholarship, please do hesitate to contact the Yellowknife Community Foundation office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +1-867 446 4527.
Yellowknife Community Foundation
Our newsletter shares highlights from our community involvement, ways you can get involved with the Foundation and when our grants and scholarships are open for application. Subscribe today (don’t worry, we won’t share your email with anyone and you can remove yourself at any time)!